Now that you pass the CFA Level I test; it is time to begin the Level II examination. The Level II test is found more challenging than the Level I examination.
Just 39 percent of students passed the Level II test, according to the CFA Institute. Therefore, you must prepare your studies well. Below is an overview of how you should prepare for the test.
1. Get started early: you have to prepare thoroughly in the test. So, having an early start is a smart idea. Provided that you should put your studies in at least 250 hours, it is a smart decision to start six months early. In comparison to the level I test in June and December, the level II test is only performed in June. It's a smart idea to launch your training in January or February.
2. Get familiar with research material: you will receive the official CFAI curriculum books split into 18 sessions after you register for the test. See the 18 sessions briefly to determine the comprehension of the subjects.
3. Prepare a curriculum: you need a curriculum if you decide what you plan to learn. A program will allow you to prepare your research, notes, practice questions and practical examinations over the next few months. You will proceed with a free CFA Level II 21 week Finance Train Study Schedule.
4. Purchase research notes: 3rd party study notes will be useful and speed up the planning of your exam. Nevertheless, you have to carefully determine what you are asking for from a supplier. Companies such as Schweser and Stalla have detailed research material for the analysis. They offer an alternative to the official books of analysis. However, many students wish to use the official content to some degree (for one reason its cost is included in the exam registration fee). However, many students find the official content cumbersome and prefer a low-cost high-value supplement. The CFA Level II Research Complement is provided by the Finance Train. The weekly modules delivered over 21 weeks help encapsulate the vital elements of the review that candidates cannot afford to skip. This supplement, planned in accordance with the CFAI's official 2011 curriculum, practical problems and practice tests, would help candidates improve principles and formulas to achieve a passing grade.
5. Develop flash cards: Prepare flash cards for essential formulas and key principles during your research. Flash cards should also be prepared with stage lists and strategies.
6. Answer queries: You can allocate enough time to practice as many questions as possible for each study session. The Level II CFA analysis involves 20 product sets, each object consists of 6 questions about a particular scenario or case sequence. The inspector can review as many things as possible. You don't have to push yourself to practice. Start with the open book first that means try to overcome the problems with the aid of books, then you can eventually solve the problems all by yourself as you build trust.
7. Use the calculator that has been certified. You must use the official calculator during both your studies and practice sessions. This increases the productivity by using the calculator.
Finally, but not least, you must still be inspired and fit because these two things tend to enhance learning.